Using Alcohol Lift-Ink - Simon's October Card Kit

Today I created two cards using Simon Says Stamp’s October card kit.

2.jpg

I started out by taking the Yupo paper from the kit and placing it on my craft mat to protect my surface. I added drops of Tim Holtz alcohol in starting at the corners and working my way to the center. I used the colors Stream, Sunshine Yellow, Butterscotch, Sunset Orange, and Wild Plum. I went over the inks with blending solution after they were placed. I then used a straw to move the ink around.

3.jpg

Once the panel was pretty dry I took one of the beautiful Gina K foils from the kit and pressed it down into the paper so that some of the foil would stick to the stickier areas. I only wanted a little bit of the foil to stick for accents, so I had let the ink dry for a decent amount of time. The Simon Says Stamp yupo paper in the kit is 5.5 by 8.5 so I chopped by piece in half to make two cards with it.

4.jpg

For the first card I took a strip of vellum and stamped a sentiment on it with Versamark ink. The sentiment I chose says “Happiest of Birthdays to you.” I embossed it in a white embossing powder. Next I wrapped the vellum strip around one of the alcohol ink panels and adhered the flaps to the back. I took a piece of Simon Says Stamp Peacock cardstock and glued it to an A2 card base. I then popped up my first alcohol panel on that card base with foam tape. To finish the card up, I went around the border of the yupo paper with dashed lines using my white gel pen. I also added some white sequins with Gina K Connect glue.

1.jpg

For the second card I stamped a bunch of the smaller floral images from the stamp set onto vellum and embossed them in white. I fussy cut those out and set them aside. Next I stamped a sentiment onto the Peacock card stock with Versamark ink and embossed that with a white embossing powder. I cut the sentiment down to a strip. The sentiment I chose for this card says “Thanks.” I took the vellum floral images and arranged them together with the sentiment, adhering them with Gina K Connect glue. I popped up this arrangment on to alcohol ink background. I wanted the rose in the middle of the arrangement to be more opaque, so I added a second rose over the top of the first. I popped up the yupo panel onto a card base with foam tape. To finish off this second card I added some white sequins.


Supplies