Mermaid Vellum Shaker Card - Simon's September Card Kit

Today's card features the stamp set from the Simon Says Stamp's September card kit.

4.jpg

I started this card by stamping a bunch of the images from the stamp set repeatedly on a piece of Canson watercolor using Versmark ink. I heat embossed those images using a gold embossing powder. Next I colored in the images using my Arteza Real Brush Pens. I tried to keep the colors very light for a more pastel looking result. Next I stamped one of the mermaids on a piece of Bristol Smooth paper with Simon Says Stamp intense black ink. I colored her in using the Arteza markers as well. I fussy cut the mermaid out with my scissors. Check out the video for all of the coloring details!

2.jpg

I created a card base out of Canson watercolor paper because that was the only paper I had large enough for this card. The card base is 6x6. Next I adhered the patterned background I created onto some gold card stock and then glued that to the card base. I cut a square piece of vellum and stamped my sentiment on that with Versamark ink. I heat embossed the sentiment in gold, making sure to let my heat tool get nice and hot before using it on the vellum.  I made a square frame out of some more Canson watercolor paper and glued that to the piece of vellum to make my shaker window. I made sure the vellum square was slightly larger than the frame so that there would be a small vellum border.

1.jpg

I added a bunch of blue (and a few white) sequins to the middle of my card and then placed the frame over them using foam tape. I really like the way the blue sequins look inside the vellum shaker, it makes it look like the water. Next I glued down the mermaid that I colored in to the shaker window with Tombow glue.

3.jpg

For the finishing touches I used a white gel pen to add details and highlights to the mermaid. I added some glitter to her with my Wink of Stella glitter brush. I also used a gold paint pen to add a dash line boarder on the inner portion of the shaker frame. Finally I added a few white sequins with some Tombow glue.


Supplies