Underwater Slider Card

For Today's card I used Distress Oxide inks to create the background, Lawn Fawn dies to make the slider areas, and the stamp set "Mermazing" from My Favorite Things for all of the stamping.

169.JPG

To start the background I taped a piece of Canson watercolor paper to a board. I blended the Distress Oxide ink colors Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Wilted Violet, and Faded Jeans to start my background. I then used a watercolor brush with clean water on it to make wavy lines all down the paper. I used a paper towel to soak up the water from those wavy lines and that also pulls up some of the ink. I think used the brush to flick some small water droplets all over the page and used a paper towel to soak those up as well.

170.JPG

Next I very lightly went over the paper with the same Distress Oxide inks just to make those wavy lines a little more subtle. To finish up the background I used my white gel pen to draw in lots of little bubbles all over the whole page. I then used the Lawn Fawn die set "Slide on Over" to add two slider areas to my background. I used foam tape that was double layered to tape the inked up background to a black piece of paper, being sure to leave enough room around the slider slots for a penny to slide around.

171.JPG

The little critters that I put on the two sliders are from the My Favorite Things stamp set "Mermazing." I colored them in with my Arteza Real Brush Pens and a very small amount of Prismacolor pencils. To create the sliders I put a penny through the slot and then put a small piece of doubled up foam tap on the penny. Then I stick the little critter on that foam tape and it then can slide all along the track. One thing I always like to do with slider cards is use my powder tool on the track which lets the slider slide even easier. I embossed the sentiment with some white embossing powder on black cardstock and used foam tape to adhere it to the upper corner. To finish up the card I went over the sentiment strip with my Wink of Stella glitter brush and I added some sequins.

Supplies: