Embossed Vellum over Watercolor | Spellbinders

Today I created a card featuring some stamp sets from Spellbinders.

1.jpg

I started out by taking the large floral image from the Floral Love stamp set from Spellbinders and stamping it on some vellum with Versamark ink. I was sure to prep that vellum with a powder tool first so that I would have no trouble with embossing. I embossed the flower stamp with some white embossing powder and then fussy cut the image out with scissors.

3.jpg

Next I taped down a piece of Canson watercolor paper to a board. I got the whole paper really wet with clean watercolor and then started dropping in color. I used my Gansai Tambi watercolors for the painting. I used color numbers 34, 33, and 40. I really like the soft edge you get when you paint onto wet paper. I kept all of the painting towards the upper left corner of my paper. Once I finished the first layer of color I dried it completely with my heat tool. I added a second and a third layer of color, this time painting onto dry paper. I made sure to leave some of the first layer showing so I could still have that nice soft look. To finish up the painting I took the metallic gold color (color number 91) and tapped little splatters of it onto the paper with a paintbrush.

2.jpg

For the sentiment on my card I used the Family Sentiments stamp set from Spellbinders. I picked out 4 different stamps to create a sentiment which says “for my amazing friend.” This stamp set is really great because it allows you to make a lot of custom sentiments for different family members and friends. I stamped my sentiment onto the watercolor paper using my MISTI tool. I stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with a gold embossing powder. I adhered my watercolor piece to an A2 size card base which already had a piece of slate colored cardstock on the front.

4.jpg

I took the vellum piece that I created earlier and using lots of very tiny pieces of foam tape I popped it up in the upper left corner of the card. To finish up the card I added a bunch of crystal clear sequins along the edge of the vellum piece. I glued them down with my Gina K Connect glue.


Supplies